Wednesday 30 January 2013

'haggis..'

So I had been in business for exactly 4 days and I thought it would be a great idea to start making my own haggis. Clearly I had lost the plot altogether!



However - I gathered the pluck and then trimmed it sufficiently. I then boiled the lungs and heart for about 45 mins, It was minced with some secret ingredients, then the barley and oats were added. This was then put through the filler and then into an Ox bung.

For a first try I was pretty pleased with it. It was Burn's Night so I thought I'd give it a bash. Loads of things in the pipe line at the moment - I've already put the bacon in to cure and we're developing an old Northumbrian dish called 'Hunter's Loaf'. So watch this space and feel free to pop in for a chat..

gb

No comments:

Post a Comment