Monday 7 May 2012

'even I love my local butcher..'

If I were to buy meat from a supermarket it would be definitive hypocrisy. Like worthy of dictionary, or at the very least Wikipedia definition. I do like to utilise my local shops and businesses, so that they remain in business. Whilst the High Street in general is struggling to survive, it is essential we use the products and services around us. Now as a butcher it has taken a lot for me not to buy from where I work, since I know just how fantastic the quality is. And believe me the meat I have the privilege of working with is phenomenal.

But just to prove a point I have started buying my meat from my local butcher. I am very lucky indeed to have a quality butcher just around the corner, and of course not everyone is this lucky. The butcher is another Q Guild butcher. As you know I work for Lidgate's which is also part of the Guild and I've worked for George Payne in Newcastle which (you've guessed it) is also Q Guild. I have also worked in other butcheries which are not Q, and that is certainly not to say that they haven't been fantastic businesses, offering me some valid teaching and experience. What the Q does offer however is the certainty that if you visit a Q shop you will undoubtedly receive quality meat and the very best service. Definitely check out the website http://www.qguild.co.uk

I currently buy from HG Walter by Baron's Court tube station - they have no idea that I'm a butcher.
Maybe it's time I 'fessed up..

gb 

No comments:

Post a Comment