Monday 5 March 2012

'it runs in my family! I had no idea..'

A week. I lasted a week. Right. So Lent was a huge fail. I just found I was eating too much junk. This is how we know I am most definitely a butcher. Not a chef. I mean, I did lots of research and found loads of appealing vegetarian recipes. But I lacked the patience to carry them through. So I'm a let down basically. And the customers enjoyed a good giggle at my lack of success.

However, something exciting did happen last week; my Grandmother sent me a cutting from a Northumberland newspaper and lo and behold this included a photograph of a butcher's shop from the late 18th Century. This shop belonged to my great, great grandfather. So as it transpires it runs in my family! I had no idea! Really geeky but I was quite intrigued. As we can see in the photo he clearly enjoys his work. But how awesome does the shop look?! All the meat hanging in the window, displaying different cuts. Even now though,  in all of the shops I have worked in most have been involved in the local community. They know what is happening in the lives of the people that shop there. We value ourselves highly in taking the time to talk to whoever comes through the door. Yes, obviously we are there to flog the produce. But we genuinely do want to meet your needs and ensure friendliness so that the customer will return. And more often than not: they do.

gb

No comments:

Post a Comment